Fri, July 14, 20179:00 AM - 4:00 PM
HUGUENOT YACHT CLUB
JUNIOR SAILING REGATTA
9:00 am - Registration in Picnic Area
9:30 am - Skippers Meeting in Junior Sailing Room
10:00 am - Harbor Start: head out to boats
10:30 am - First Race – For Intermediate Optis, Fevas, and Lasers
three Races are planned before lunch
12:00 am - approximately at noon sailors will have lunch in their
boats. (Green Fleet will sail in for lunch)
1:00 pm - Three more races are planned for a total of six (6)
2:00 pm - No races will be started after 2 pm
2. Racing Area will be south of Goose Island in the vicinity of G Can "7A"
3. The Course for the Optis, Fevas and Lasers will be a Triangle consisting of a Windward, Reaching, and Leeward Marks with the Start/Finish in the middle. The Optis will use a shorter windward mark.
4. The Starting sequence will be a Three Minute Sequence.
5. The Starting Line will be between a Yellow Flag on the Race Committee Boat and a Pennant with a Yellow Flag. This is also the Finish Line.
6. Marks - The Marks will be either Orange Inflatable Balls or more creative shapes. All marks are to be left to Port.
7. Recalls - The Race Committee will endeavor to identify recalled boats by sail number or skipper.
8. A One-Turn Penalty (360° - one tack and one gybe) replaces the Two- Turns Penalty in Rule 44.2
9. Scoring - Low Point Scoring will be in effect w/ one throw out after six races.
10. COACHING - Except in the Green Fleet, during a race no coaching is allowed. Before, after, and between races - Coaching is Strongly Encouraged by Coaches, Parents, Instructors and any other persons.